Friday 28 June 2013

Bienvenida de Mallorca

Bon Dia!

As you may already know from previous posts I am spending a large chunk of summer in my homeland Mallorca. For the first week my oldest and most dearest friend has come with me to see why I am so in love with this tiny island, and I think she's becoming as besotted as I. Just thought I would fill you in over breakfast with what we've been up to...

Cafe solo y agua

On Tuesday we arrived at 9am which was perfect as my Aunty over here had taken some holiday so we got a full day together and could visit my Granny and Aunt in Cala Mondrago, a nature reserve which has the most beautiful plants and playas which you will ever see. A great introduction to Mallorca for my friend.  Although by the time we got back to my cousin's, a place where I shall call home for the next month, we were exhausted. I don't think I've ever survived on 2 hours sleep before!!

Cala Mondrago
Cala Blava 

The rest of the days we have been taking care of my little cousins, running errands and of course going to the beach. Except for yesterday when we went to Palma, the capital of my heart. We met my Granny and Aunt there and spent the day drinking fanta limon, sampling some tapas and going to some amazing shops. Once we tired of this we popped into a relatives house who proceeded to take us to see the most exquisite views of the city via the most dangerous mountain roads I have ever experienced!

Typical street in the Capital

The Bishop's Gardens

Views from the Cathedral, La Seu

Views of Palma from Nu Burgesa

Cute baby donkey outside the military museum ...

Anyway, medusa is calling us to the beach...

Saludos!

The Learned Rose x

No comments:

Post a Comment