Friday 14 June 2013

The Heat Premiere


I returned to London sooner than expected. We managed to snag two tickets to the gala screening of Sandra Bullock's new movie, The Heat, courtesy of OK! Magazine.

In the end I only had an hour to get ready, so setting my hair in heated rollers, I started working on the warpaint. Just the other day I tweeted about these fabulous new shoes which deserved a special occasion and last night was the perfect opportunity.

Pink suede shoes


My new super pink lipstick


The screening was at the Curzon Cinema in Mayfair. The red carpet looked majestic, full of people awaiting the celebrities, along side the hoards of press. We sauntered down, showed our tickets and headed for our seats.


Red carpet et al

We had great seats, central and close to the front

At our seats was a huge bar of Green and Blacks milk chocolate and a bottle of water, which was handy while we waited for Alex Zane to introduce the director, the great Paul Feig and the surprisingly funny Sandra Bullock. I love Feig, he reminds me of an american Bill Nighy in his mannerisms and ease with the audience. Sandra Bullock was gorgeous, engaging and had the cutest pair of heels. 


Alex Zane


Sandra Bullock, Paul Feig and Alex Zane

Also in attendance was the comedy duo Jessica Chaffin and Jamie Denbo; Game of Thrones beauty Natalie Dormer; ex Made in Chelsea temptress Kimberly Garner and sat just behind us was the entertaining Bradley Walsh. 

There is two things which people who know me will appreciate, firstly I am RUBBISH at celeb spotting. I live in my own little world and even if Channing Tatum bumped into me in the street I can guarantee I would be none the wiser, muttering under my breath about manners and personal space.

The second thing is it is rare for me to EVER sit through a movie. Like EVER, EVER. I get bored, wonder off, check my phone etc. So understandably I was expecting pretty much the same from this movie. Ohhhh was I wrong! It was fantastic, eye watering-ly, laugh out loud funny. The plot consisted of a socially awkward FBI agent who gets moved to Boston to solve a case, where she meets the hysterical Detective Mullins, played by Melissa McCarthy.  

A must watch!

When we left all I could see was flashing lights and hear people scuffling to get to the front. Yeah, you heard it... we got pap'ed! It's amazing where a bright lippy and killer pair of heels can get you. Does that mean I'm officially a Z-lister?!

Poser!

The outcome of the movie has resulted in me wanting to be an FBI agent. Oh, and go to more red carpet events of course!

The Heat is a must see this summer. For those interested, here is the trailer:





It was a fantastic evening, although I think I need to head back down to earth pretty soon. Especially considering it is only 12 days until I head to Mallorca for the summer. I'm going for some drinks by the river with my bestie this afternoon, so maybe I'll ground myself tomorrow...

Take care,

The Learned Rose x

No comments:

Post a Comment