Monday 20 May 2013

Fancy Free Weekend

So yesterday evening I arrived back in Surrey from the loveliest weekend in London. Revision was put on hold to celebrate the handing in of my last piece of LLB coursework, felt like the end of an era already!

Furthermore, Friday was Norway's constitution day, so as one of my university friends is from there we headed down to the celebrations in Southwark park. There was so many people despite the weather being a tad miserable. There was music from a Norwegian artist living in London, a procession and speeches from the cutest children from the Norwegian church and the Princess of Norway.

Princess Märtha Louise 

Saturday was much more hectic. My friend and I thought we would be 'cool' and try our hand at vintage shopping, so we headed over to Brick Lane. Before we even got to the first shop we were tempted into the cutest cafe for some delicious cake. Unfortunately the cafe had no name, but it was near the Aldgate East tube exit and had a beautiful bench out the front, we'd recommend it to anyone! The vintage shopping was not as successful, turns out we are not as indie as we like to think so headed off to Westfield's for some Topshop lovin'. 

Sadly, we couldn't stay long as we had a reservation at Sticky Fingers for 7pm. This restaurant was brilliant, full of Rolling Stones memorabilia and comfort food. The cocktails alone are worth a visit, not to mention the shots! My friend's family were visiting London from Norway so treated us to the evening out, which was very kind of them. It was lovely to meet them all at long last and I hope they enjoyed themselves as much as we did.

Harlem Shuffle Shot
We went out in Marylebone after the meal, leading us to have a quiet Sunday spring cleaning the flat. This was SO therapeutic- there's something about cleaning in your pyjamas which just cleanses the soul. Luckily I made it home in time for birthday cake, as my family celebrated the birthday of three of our woofs. It is hard to believe my springer spaniel is now 12, he still behaves like a bouncing pup! Our vocal terrier turned 4 and my princess turned 2...already?! I'm like a proud mummy who feels very old...

Cuddles with the Birthday Girl 
Today meant the return to the grindstone and land law continued...

I hope you had a lovely weekend too,

Take care,
Learned Rose x

2 comments:

  1. You can come clean the apartment in your PJ's any time, it looked so nice when I came home!
    I am glad you enjoyed the weekend :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks, I loved it so might take you up on that over the next 2 weeks, hehe. Glad you liked it, hope your family had a safe journey home x

    ReplyDelete