Sunday 4 August 2013

The Surrey Girl Returns

Well hello there!

It's been a whirlwind two weeks. I had the most horrendous DELE exam, which luckily I passed with a surprisingly good grade and proceeded to take full advantage of a rest day down at the beach. Even more so, seeing as I was to catch a flight back to London the next day!

I'll miss you!

I cannot lie to you, it is strange being home. My language skills are all a muddle, 'spanglish' was all I could muster for a fair few hours. My little cousin came over to the UK with me, which is lovely as it means I can ease into UK life without missing my beautiful island too much.

However, there wasn't time to miss anything or anyone as the next day was my little sister's birthday, and not just any birthday, her 18th! We had a breakfast of ensaimadas and a day of pampering, before partying on down at the Drift Golf Club in East Horsley. It turned out that a friend who I hadn't seen in far too long was working behind the bar, a lovely surprise! We also had a fantastic DJ, Guy Sunshine, who was helpful and cheerful despite our embarrassing song demands such as Whigfield's Saturday Night, dance moves included. Our little cousins loved dancing the night away, even after they had to change into their pyjamas! At midnight we returned home, like cinderella although a little less graceful. My sister's party was A LOT more sophisticated then mine, I couldn't help but reminisce back to my soldier and sailor themed 18th where everyone was much more underdressed lets say... But that was nearly 5 years ago now! Wahhh, I'll be trialing anti-wrinkle cream before you know it.

My sister and I- When did she get so grown up?!
The DJ's hard at work, keeping us on the dance floor
Our friends and family know how to move

Due to the summer holidays I have been on a few day trips with my little munchkins, including Hampton Court and Arundel Castle. We also made our own afternoon tea including bread for sandwiches, cupcakes and exquisite lemon drizzle cake bars. I wish I took a photo. Amongst all of this I have been trying to help my mum organise some very important, exciting things which we hope to share with you all very soon.

Hampton Court- Photo by @surreygirlgrace (Instagram) 
Getting lost in the rose garden at Hampton Court
Arundel Castle- Photo by @surreygirlgrace

However all this means I'm still living out of a suitcase, maybe it's a sign I should take a weekend break away somewhere?! Think that's unlikely somehow...

Anyway, that's the update for now.
Take care my beauties!

The Learned Rose xx


No comments:

Post a Comment