Saturday 30 March 2013

Time Thus Far

Hey there,

So since I last blogged I have handed in over 10,000 words and been on a university trip to Pecs, Hungary leaving me with barely any time to breath or sleep for that matter...

However, Pecs was brilliant. By far the best trip I have ever been on. The town itself was not what I was expecting at all, it is a lot larger and the centre is far more beautiful than I ever imagined. The university was beautiful too, to get to the canteen you had to go down some steps under a stunning ceramic tiled dome with a skylight at the apex. Quite unusual, but a lovely environment to learn in.

Central Pecs, Hungary


The course was also fantastic. We had long days but the lectures were worth it, covering topics such as asylum, trafficking, state surveillance, organised crime and terrorism to name but a few. You'll be pleased to hear I passed the course and received a certificate (yes I still get excited at the grand old age of 21 about receiving a certificate).

Views from the University


I met some WONDERFUL people whilst out in Hungary.  As you already know I love cultures and languages and thanks to the course I have worked along side and made some fabulous friends from places such as Northern Ireland, The Netherlands, Croatia and Hungary.

On the other hand, home is certainly where the heart is and it's great to be back with my family, including the woofs. On Tuesday my mum and I took my sister to Euston so she could go to Manchester to visit my Granny and Aunty, which lead to in impromptu visit to Westminster Cathedral where mass was being held. It is by far a hidden London treasure, the Cathedral is so beautiful and for £5 (or £2.50 concessions) you can go up the bell tower which has STUNNING views across London. Much cheaper than the shard, and the money goes to a more deserving cause in my opinion. On this note, what are your thoughts on the new Pope Francis? He seems quite unique, so far anyhow.

Bell Tower, Westminster Cathedral, London


Take care,

The Learned Rose x

No comments:

Post a Comment